Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

It is new year's eve, which is usually really exciting but with a storm that just came through my home town the roads are pretty much ice and I'm not able to go any where, not even to dinner with my mom. So while I would love to ring in 2013 the way most 22 year old girls would I am home updating you all on my life and studying for my second try on the exit exam. School starts in just about 2 weeks, seemed like my vacation went way too fast, and my list of "tasks" are already building up. Senior semester comes with preceptorship, boards, 10 weeks of classes (only 10!!), and many senior activities like the welcome back assembly and pinning ceremony. My first big senior even is the welcome back assembly, filled with lots of fun activities and information for the younger semester, plus we get class tshirts. SNA also keeps me busy with welcome activities for the freshman like goody bags and introducing our new big/little program. Not to mention trying to study for my second shot at my HESI RN Exit exam.

Any way with it being new year's eve and the start of a new year that will hold so many new adventures and paths I was trying to find a really good post for this year/next year. Maybe a recap of my year since I started this blog so late in the year, or maybe how I am going to really attempt some resolutions this year. Well both seemed kinda silly but I couldn't think of anything else so here is a quick recap of my 2012 as well as some things/goal I hope to accomplish in 2013.

My 2012 in a nut shell:
* I went through 6th and 7th semester in nursing school, two of the most challenging and time consuming semesters.
* Saw my first code and dead body (most exhausting day ever)
* Had my faith and love for neonatal nursing restored
* Stopped working for the first time in probably about 4 years (I couldn't work for my final year)
* Spent some great time at my job before I left
* Grew closer with my classmates
* Realized that there are still a few good men out there that were raised right by their mamas
*Had some amazing clinical rotation, OR, peds, L&D, NICU, ER.
* Discovered I have a love for the ER.
*2012 wasn't all that exciting =)

2013 Goals:
* Get healthy not skinny, yes I do want to loose weight but more importantly I want to be healthy, I feel like I'm only 22 and I'm too young to feel so old.
* Enjoy my senior semester, I never really have time to just enjoy being in my 20's, it has always been work and school, or all school but with course work slowing down, and the end of my college years coming up quickly, I want to enjoy being in my 20's, going out more, spending weekends dancing not nose deep in textbooks.
* Pass my exit and board exams, I know sounds simple or silly but passing my exit exam means graduation and passing my boards means I can practice as a nurse
* I'm sure I will think of plenty more but right now those are my three top "goals" right now.

What are your guys highlights from 2012 and/or goals for 2013? Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment