Sunday, December 16, 2012

"Finals" week in a nutshell

It's been a while since Ive had a chance to sit down and write something out and I have "finals" week to thank for that. Now I put finals in parentheses because while classes, clinical, labs and semester is technically over on December 19th I have what is probably the biggest exam of my life, know as the HESI Exit Exam, and I can only think of one way to sum up this exam; Passing Hesi = Graduation. So I would love to say I am free I can sleep and enjoy my break, I am still sitting in my apartment with books spread every where and hurt review videos playing on repeat. But as far as actual finals week here is a recap of my week:

Monday was my Mother Baby final, 100 question, 2 hours and it wasn't that bad I didn't study as much as I probably should have but I also felt like I knew the information fairly well (I was also exhausted at this point). Overall I got a low B on my final and a high B in the class. I also had to show up for a Gero "final" which consisted of eating food and talking to my classmates because my teacher decided we would take our final online.

Tuesday I had no finals but I did need to run errands and tried to Christmas shop, in hindsight this probably wasn't the smartest choice considering I had a fairly tough final on Thursday morning and should have spent the day studying.

Wednesday I actually studied and studied alot, I do not do well in Adult Health, I know some what sad but seriously I hate cardiac and intensive care, I'm ok with burns and broken bones. So I studied till I really thought my brain would implode, and I calculated all I needed on the final was 118/150 to get a B in the class.

Thursday my life pretty much crashed around me (ok a little over dramatic). But in all fairness I studied so much for my 75 question final and nothing I studied was on that exam! The teacher even gave us a blueprint and the test didn't make that either. Half the stuff wasn't ever covered during the semester or she told us it was important this semester. Needless to say I received a 110/150 on my final causing me to finish out my class with an 82.5% which in nursing school is a C. I pretty much spent 20 minutes in the bathroom crying after that exam, went to lunch had a drink and bitched about it, went to pinning ceremony rehearsal and bitched some more. However by the end of the afternoon I was so tired from the day I went home and napped and went out with some classmates to the Lee Brice concert at a local club and enjoyed several drink and an amazing concert! Was very much needed and it was wonderful to feel like a regular college student again (nursing school has made me feel older than my time)

Friday was the actual pinning ceremony for graduating seniors, I was there because I am the Vice President of the Student Nurses Association (SNA) and I have the privilege to present our active seniors with a cord and pin, my best friend graduated this semester so it was very special to do this with her and celebrate. I also had a doctors appointment and some SNA shopping to do but I felt like super women since I did all this on 2 1/2 hours of sleep and very little food. I also spent a fair portion of the day crying either because of the emotions of the pinning ceremony or the current problems I am having with a particular guy (Friday night was spent pretty much in tears).

Saturday was my best friend's graduation and party, I am so very proud of her and it was really great to spend this time with her. With us being in different semesters I didn't see her much at all and we had spent a lot of years in our pre course work together. I was still fairly upset from my night before but I smiled and enjoyed the events with her.

Now today I finally feel like I need to start studying for the HESI so that is what I have spent the day doing. I am trying to pretend I don't have any guy issues that are completely destroying me and just focusing on this exam but it is no easy task. So in summery this was my past week and it may seem like nothing big when written down but it was a trying crazy emotional week and now I imagine this week will be pretty much the same (hopefully with less tears). I more than likley won't be posting until after my HESI on Wednesday but I am hoping that I can post a very happy post about the exam. So please fingers crossed and a little prayer sent to me at 9am on Wednesday morning.

This was an amazing concert! I will put more pictures up with a nice recap of the entire concert/night once I am done with my exam, stay tuned for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment