Sunday, March 17, 2013

One can never go wrong with cookies and coffee

I know I have gone status MIA for a month if not longer, this was not my intention but senior semester kept me way busier than I expected. It wasn't even being over whelmed with homework but all this random busy work that kept me occupied. But I am 3 class days away from being done with in class work and will only be spending time in the hospital in precepting and working on my evidence based practice project (we won't go into that).

Any way I have been a pretty busy bee today between cleaning, crafting, and group meeting but i did manage to get some time in to make some AMAZING cookies and your getting the recipe. Now I did not come up with these cookies in fact I found them on pinterest (go figures right). I pinned the recipe a really long time ago and never got around to actually making them. But while searching through pinterest and my cookbooks for a yummy new cookie recipe & in a sense re-discovered this recipe in my own board.

There is a story behind my reason for baking I needed to give my instructor something nice for helping me to get the preceptor placement I really wanted and needed! Needless to say I haven't the easiest student in the past 4-6 weeks, mostly because I have been in her office weekly and emailing her daily trying to get my placement. I originally has requested to be in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at a hospital about 45 minutes away and I had spoken with her a week before classes started to let me know that my preceptor placement was very important because I was applying to a nurse residency program in a Children's Hospital for after graduation. It ended up becoming this huge bundle of insanity as I was bounced from ER, L&D, Peds, Research/baby friendly initiative before finally receiving the good news they had officially gotten me into the NICU at the hospital I requested. Probably the happiest moment in my life and a huge relief to know I was getting exactly what I wanted and needed.

So after my teacher had been so nice to me and put up with my craziness I needed to do something nice for her. Hence these wonderful amazing soft chewy cookies!!! Everyone ready (drum roll please) Cookies & Cream pudding cookies!!! Simply amazing! I used the recipe posted here:
 http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/05/oreo-pudding-cookies.html

However I didn't have semi-sweet chocolate chips so I used a 4 oz cookie and cream candy bar and omitted the chocolate chips, they still taste amazing! Also I had to bake my cookies for about 10-12 minutes roatating the pan half way through, I think 8 minutes just wasn't long enough for my oven. I started with 8 and after 8 minutes I added 2 minutes till they were ready (I watched them very closely).

So for my teacher I found this adorable purple coffee much at Target on clearance for $0.98 (remember I'm still a broke college nursing student) and I had these little sample coffee packs from starbucks laying around. so I stacked some cookies in a bag, added my coffee, tied it with a bow, and a little homemade thank you note to top it off. One can never go wrong with cookies and coffee!



1 comment:

  1. Which teacher?? :D I'll be your teacher :)

    ReplyDelete